I remember this potato salad from my youngest childhood years. Offen served with a sausage or a meatball. Thanks Mom..!
- 30 – 40 g butter
- 2 onions thinly sliced
- ½ dl vinegar
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 6 – 700 g sliced potato
- Fine chopped parsley, dill or spring onion
- Melt the butter over medium heat and fry the onion, just so they get soft without color.
- Add the vinegar and
reduce to about half.
- Add sugar and taste with salt & pepper.
- Finally add the sliced potato and stir it together carefully so the potato slices don’t break.
- Garnish with green at your choice and serve.
is a variation were you add 2 dl boiling cream to the dish, its then called Potato salad Caroline.