Danish style meat sausage
Various kind of meat sausages as cold-cut are very popular in Europe and USA. Here is a recipe of a typical Danish style meat sausage.
- 2000 g
lean pork (ground and semi frozen)
- 1000 g
back fat (ground and semi frozen)
- 500 g back fat diced scaled and refrigerated
- 10 g cure #1
- 9 g accord
- 10 g whitepepper
- 6 g all spice
- 4 g coriander
- 2 g nutmeg
- 2 g ginger
- 2 pc chicken cube
- 700 g ice crushed
- Add the lean pork to the bowl run for 1 min.
- Add 350 g ice plus salt,
cure #1 and accord.
- Add the ground back fat.
- Add 350 g ice plus spices.
- Run bowl until emulsified (add more ice if needed).
- Mix in the diced cold back fat by hand.
Stuff in 500 g sausage bags
and refrigerate for 24 hours.
Boil the sausages for 40 min at 80C.
Cool the sausages in ice water.
Rest in refrigerator for another 24 hours.
Cut slice and eat as cold cut.