Roast chicken with oven vegetables and Pickled Papaya
Easy to make traditional philippine side dish served with e.g fried chicken and much more.
- 1 whole piece papaya (1kg)-make sure that you use the green ones which are firm and not about to be ripen.
- 2 cups white vinegar
cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 large carrot (cut into strips sliced crosswise)
- 1 head garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon ginger finely minced
- 2 red onion cut in to thinly stripes
- 2 pieces red bell pepper (cut
- 5 tablespoon salt
- Peel papaya, remove the seeds and shred into strips.
- Mix 5 tablespoon of salt with shredded papaya to help bring out its juice. To further remove its juice. Rinse papaya with water
and once more squeeze to remove water. Put papaya in a stainless or glass basin together with the carrots, garlic, ginger strips, onions and bell pepper.
- Now prepare the pickle solution. In a sauce pan, put the vinegar and dissolve the 2 kinds of
sugar in and bring it to boil for about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir occasionally until sugar is dissolve.
- Pour solution over the ingredients. Set aside and let it cool.
- Arrange in glass jars. Refrigerate.
- Best serve when it is cold.