a treat to your sweet tooth. Here served with simple glace.
Try apple-fritter as a sweet afternoon snack or with a family movie on the television or just as a treat to your sweet-tooth...
This recipe will make 16 small apple-fritters.
- 2 large or 3 small green apples cut in 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter to fry apples
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sugar, (plus 1 tablespoon for cooking apples)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 cup sparkling apple cider (or use apple juice)
- Fry the apple in a little butter and sugar
- Mix the egg,
apple cider and sugar then add the melted butter
- Mix the baking powder, salt and spices in the flour
- Add the dry ingredient little by little to the wet.
- Finally add the fried apple and mix it together.
- Fry in oil 180C. a
few minutes each side.
Serve with simple glace (icing sugar + a little water) syrup, honey or sprinkled with icing sugar.