Banana Cake with chocolate topping
Banana Cake; ready to slice for family and friends.
We all know the delicious Philippine Banana steam cake. Here is a version baked in the oven, topped with chocolate and drizzled with peanuts.
For the Cake:
- 4 eggs.
- 250 g sugar.
- 1 Tsp vanilla sugar.
g cake flour.
- 1 Tsp salt.
- 1 Tsp baking powder.
- 150 g butter,melted and cooled to room temperatur.
- 300 g riped banana (2-3 pcs) massed with a fork.
- 50-75 g dark chocolate (medium chopped).
- 100 g chocolate (60%).
- 25 g cold butter cut in cubes.
- Half cup peanuts medium chopped.
- Wisk egg, sugar and vanilla suger in a mixing bowl.
- Wisk until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour, salt and
baking powder in another bowl.
- Wisk it in the egg/sugar mixture,but do not over do it, just until the dough is combined.
- Carefully blend in the melted butter.
- Next carefully blend in the massed banana and the chopped chocolate
- Pour the dough in a round baking form. Use baking paper for the bottom and butter for the side.
- Bake at 160-170C. for 50 to 60 min.
- Let the cake cool a little in the form,then its easier to remove.
- Then let the cake cool completely
on a cooling rack before adding the topping.
- Mix the chocolate and butter and melt it over a water bath.
- Let it cool just a little.
- Spread it over the cake and drizzle with peanuts (I like to use salted peanuts which
I think gives a nice contrast to the relative sweet cake).
- slice and enjoy...