Chicken a l'orange need to be served when done.
Classic chicken dish that speaks for it self.
- 1 kg boneless skinless chicken cut into cubes
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Orange Sauce
- 1 ½ cups water
- juice of 2 orange
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ginger root finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons green onion chopped
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons water
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper. Dip chicken cubes in the egg mixture and shake in flour. Deep fry chicken in batches at 175-180C. in a deep fryer (or use a pot or pan) until completely cooked.
- In a large saucepan combine 1 ½ cups water, lemon juice, orange juice, rice vinegar, and soy sauce. Blend well over medium heat for a few minutes. Stir in brown sugar, orange zest, ginger garlic, and onion. Bring to a boil.
- Combine 3 tablespoons
of cornstarch with 1/4 cup of water. Slowly stir cornstarch mixture into sauce until it thickens. Pour sauce over the fried chicken cubes, and if desired add red pepper flakes and garnish with green onions.
- Serve immediately.