Deli-style potato salad, here served with sandwich buns...
Deli style potato salad; serve it with chicken, burgers, sausages, BBQ etc. You name and this humble potato salad will do it's magic.
- 1 kg potato boiled, cooled and cut into cubes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 boiled
eggs (mix with a fork in the mayo)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 to 1 ½ Tsp salt
- ½ Tsp black pepper
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tbsp capers chopped
- 3 to
4 tbsp chopped gurkin
- Optional add chopped bell pepper and/or green celery
- In a large bowl combine mayonnaise with 1 boiled egg.
- Add sugar, vinegar, mustard, salt & pepper. (taste for salt & pepper).
- Then add onions, capers, gurkins (Pickled cucumber), fresh dill (or dried) and bell pepper/celery if used.
- Finally add the diced potato - mix them carefully not to mass the cubes.
- Best after resting in refrigerator for some hours.
- Sprinkle with fresh dill or spring onions when serving.