Kielbasa - Precooked and smoked.
Kielbasa is one of the most served sausages in Poland. It's offen serve at weddings...
There are many variety of this sausage, it comes with all kind of meat including venison, beef and a mixture of different meat. It's even seen with tyrkey meet...
but thats not original. Kielbasa is a precooked, smoked sausage - if seen raw then it's what known as "Polish sausage".
- 2 cups ice and water
- 2 cups non-fat dry milk
- 5 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 Tsp Insta-Cure
- 1 tbsp coarse black pepper
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 heaping Tsp marjoram
- 5000 g boneless pork butt
- Natural Hog Casings
Keep every thing cold during the process…!
- Mince the 5000 g of meat in a cold meat mincer in to iced bowl.
- Add salt and cure #1and mix well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except water.
- Place in the freezer for ½ to 1 hour before continue.
- Add the
iced water and mix well.
- Cool the sausage stuffer in freezer for half an hour.
- Stuff the meat in pork intestines and form to a horseshoe.
- Hang the sausages to dry for 24 hours in refrigerator.
- Smoke the sausages
at 50C gradually increasing to 80C for 3 hours.
- Place the sausages in 75C water bath for 15 – 20 min.
- Cool the sausages in ice water.
- Let them dry and rest for 12-24 hours.
- Then ready to use.