Lamb, slow roasted in Dutch-oven
Add some Magic to your dish
You either hate it or love it...
Try to find a beautiful leg of lamb and do a slow-roast - add magic with some left-over wine and fresh vegetables & herbs - Serve it to your love-ones and see what they say...
- 1 leg of lamb
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 Tsp thyme
- ½ Tsp black pepper
- 2 pcs carrot
- 2 pcs onion
- 2 pcs green celery
- 10 cloves garlic
cup wine (red or white)
- 1 cup bouillon (Chicken)
- Prepare the leg of lamb by remove excess fat. Slice the remaining fat with a sharp knife.
- Cut the garlic in half and prick half of them in the leg of lamb.
- Mix thyme and black pepper in the olive oil and massage it all over the lamb.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Heat a heavy skillet and brown the leg on all sides and end until golden.
- Meanwhile chop all vegetables in medium size chunks.
- Oil the dutch oven and heat it up. Roast the vegetables in the hot dutch oven.
- Place the leg of lamb on top of the vegetables and put the dutch oven in a preheated oven at 120 C.
- Let it slow roast for 4 hours. Drain the dutch oven for
all liquids (use it for a delicious sauce).
- Remove the cover and turn the oven 200 C and continue roasting for ½ hour.
- Let the roast rest for 20-30 min before slicing.
- Serve with potatoes, sauce and steamed cauli flower
or other vegetables at your liking.