Yellow Pea Soup ready to serve
- 1 kg dried yellow peas
- 2 kg pork; knuckles-feet-tail-shank
- 3 carrots
- 2 onions
- 1 bdl green celery
- 12 whole black pepper
- Salt & pepper
the dried peas overnight in water.
- Boil the meat in enough water to cover the meat completely.
- Skim the foam a few times then add salt, whole black pepper and thyme.
- Add 1 onions cut in quarters, 1 carrot cut in chunks and the celery
- Let it simmer until fork tender 2 - 2 ½ hours depending on the meat used.
- Boil the soaked peas in water about 1 hour or until very tender.
- Puree the boiled peas in a blender with some of the soup.
- Add more soup
until you get the consistence you like.
- Dice the remaining vegetables and boil them in the pea soup until tender but not over cooked.
- Taste with salt, pepper and thyme.
PS. The meat can be cut in dices and added
to the soup or served as a side dish.