Brioche is a bread enriched with quite an amount of butter and eggs which gives the bread a soft crumb and flaky texture. Brioche is definitely best served warm but will last in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and can be re-heated.
bread is also perfect for "French toast" and as a bun forBurgers.
- 50 g yeast
- 1½ dl warm milk (35 C.)
- 3 eggs
- 200 g soft butter
- 50 g sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 550 g flour
the milk to finger warm and disolve the yeast.
- Add eggs, soft butter, sugar and salt.
- Add the flour little by little and run on your mixer until smooth.
- Let the dough rest for about half an hour.
- Divide the dough in up to
20 pieces. form to buns anddplace themon a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Press the buns to a thicknesss of about 3 cm. and let them rest for another 30 minuttes.
- Paint the buns with egg-wash and bake in a pre-heated oven 220 C. (200
C. hot-air) for 12 to 15 minuttes or until golden.
- Cool on a grill plate.
You can also choose to bake as a bread. See picture below.