Who doesn't love a chili dog and a cold beer on a lazy sunday afternoon. For sure i will sign up.
Prepare your own chili sauce and adjust the amount of chili to your preference. I am in this recipe using dried chili but you can certainly use
fresh as well.
You will need:
Hotdogs of a good quality
Shredded Cheese (cheddar)
Finely chopped spring onions/chives
For the chili sauce:
500 g lean
1 medium size onion
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp chili flakes
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp vinegar
1 tsp cumin
5 dash of Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp tomato paste
259 ml beef or chicken
2 tbsp corn meal
1 tsp salt
vegetable oil for frying
- On medium heat sauté diced onion until translucent then add finely chopped garlic.
- Add the beef and stir and mash so the beef separate. Once separated
add tomato paste and let it fry for a couple of minutes while stirring.
- When the beef start browning add the rest of the ingredients (broth last).
- Cover the skillet and let it simmer until thickening.
- Sample the chili dog and sprinkle
with shredded cheese and spring onions.